Social Media/ Marketing
- Twitter: 81 followers
- Facebook: 50 likes
- Blog: 7 articles
We’re slowly building up content on our website and continuing to attract an audience. The goal for this month is 100 Twitter followers. If you’re reading this and haven’t added us yet, please help us reach our goal!
- Secondary prototype of game created: After playing our initial prototype, we realized our game wasn’t very fun. It felt too easy and monotonous shooting enemies. Given this, we tweaked the gameplay a bit and incorporated additional complexities to make it more interesting and challenging. Stronger enemies, multiple areas to hide, and the ability to "roll" between these areas were introduced. Additionally, areas to hide take damage and begin to disappear as the enemy attacks. We’re making headway people!
- Coding started: Our developer is using Unity to build our game in a 3D environment. This has just begun, so we’ll see what roadblocks we run into as we go.
- Unique selling proposition… is a bust: So while brainstorming what would make our game really unique in the marketplace, we came up with the idea of two types of gameplay: one as the good guy attacking the bad guy and the other as the bad guys attacking the good guy. This would give players the chance to choose their side and play different perspectives of the game. We thought this had real potential, but when we discussed this with a couple of our developers, they didn’t see how this could work as one game – it’s more like two separate games. For now, we’re shelving this idea, but maybe after our MVP is launched, we can circle back to this one.
- 3D renderings of a main character: Our lady ninja is almost complete. She’s the first of our main characters to be converted to 3D. Still a LOT of work to do, since we’ve got two more characters in the pipeline, but we’re getting there!
- Enemy characters established: We’ve also started work on our enemy ninjas. They have less of an anime feel than our main characters and have more of an edge. They’re bad guys, after all.
- Level 1 environment created: The good news: After multiple reworks, the dojo stage has been created. The bad news: The polygon count is too high and will impact the performance of our game. Luckily, it’s not back to the drawing board. We just have to tweak what we have to make it work.
- Flesh out the storyline: We still have to work on this. Last month we made a lot of progress on the artwork, so hopefully this month we can get cracking on this.
- Complete 3D character renderings: Ideally we’ll finalize the remaining character graphics and have our artist work on the 3D models so we can start placing them in the actual game. It’ll look much more legit than the stock knights and guy in a bodysuit placeholders we’re using now.
- Continue tweaking game play details: We'll continue to iterate on our game play and will be guided on our three criteria: 1) is it intuitive? 2) is it fun? and 3) is it addictive?